April 4, 2014 , NATO – the North Atlantic Treaty Organization - complete 65 years since its creation, the Portuguese Communist Party issue the Joint Statement " For Peace ! No to NATO".
For Peace! No to NATO!
Ever since it was created, 65 years ago, NATO has been an imperialist political-military bloc, a key element in its strategy of domination and exploitation, and of confrontation with the then USSR and socialist countries.
NATO is responsible for the unending arms race, and the USA and its allies are responsible for over two thirds of the planet's military expenditure.
The USA and NATO countries promote the expansion of their world-wide network of military bases, and seek to extend their zones of influence.
Procliaming its overtly offensive strategic concept, NATO has extended the territorial scope of its actions of interference, aggression and occupation, thereby deepening its role as the armed wing of the big transnational monopolies.
The USA and its NATO allies are responsible for numerous crimes and great destruction, for brutal aggressions – as in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya – and interferences – as those carried out against Syria – or threats – as those against Iran.
The USA, NATO and the European Union – its European pillar – are responsible for the growing militarization of international relations and the promotion of an escalation of tension and war against the sovereignty of peoples and the independence of States, whether in the Middle East, Africa, the Far East or in Latin America.
At the time when 65 years have elapsed since the creation of NATO – in a world situation marked by the crisis of capitalism, by imperialism's exploitative, anti-democratic and aggressive offensive, by complex processes of realignment of forces on a world level, and by the resistance and struggle of the workers and the peoples:
- We demand the dissolution of NATO and support the sovereign right of all peoples to decide to disengage their countries from this aggressive alliance;
- we reaffirm our opposition to the expansion of NATO, the militarization of the European Union and its militarist and interventionist policies;
- we demand an end to the arms race, the deployment of the new US and NATO 'anti-missile system' in Europe, nuclear disarmament, the complete destruction of weapons of mass destruction and an end to foreign military bases;
- we demand the immediate withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan and other countries under imperialist aggression;
- we reaffirm our solidarity with the peoples that resist imperialism's occupations, aggressions and interferences;
- we call upon the workers and the peoples of the whole world to strengthen the struggle for peace, against war and NATO, for the construction of a future of peace, progress and social justice, where each people may freely decide its own future.
Subscribers till the moment:
Algerian Party for Democracy and Socialism, Algeria
Communist Party of Belgium
Workers Party of Belgium
Communist Party of Bangladesh
Workers Party of Bangladesh
Communist Party of Brazil
Communist Party of Britain
New Communist Party of Britain
Workers Communist Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Communist Party of Canada
Communist Party of Chile
Socialist Workers Party of Croatia
Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia, Czech Republic
Party of the Progressive Working People, Cyprus
Communist Party in Denmark
Communist Party of Denmark
Communist Party of Finland
French Communist Party
Unified Communist Party of Georgia
German Communist Party
Communist Party of Greece
Hungarian Workers Party
Communist Party of India
Communist Party of India (Marxist)
Tudeh Party of Iran
Communist Party of Ireland
Communist Party of Israel
Party of the Italian Communists
Lebanese Communist Party
Communist Party of Luxembourg
Communist Party of Mexico
Popular Socialist Party, México
New Communist Party of the Netherlands
Party of the People, Panamá
Palestinian Communist Party
Communist Party of Pakistan
Peruan Communist Party
Communist Party of the Phillipines – 1930
Portuguese Communist Party
South African Communist Party
Communist Party of Spain
Party of the Communists Catalunya
Comunist Party of the Peoples of Spain
Sudanese Communist Party
Syrian Communist Party
Communist Party of Sweden
Communist Party of the Russian Federation
Communist Party of Turkey
Communist Party of Uruguay
Communist Party USA
Communist Party of Venezuela
New Communist Party of Yugoslavia
Pole of Communist Revival in France
Union of the Galician People
Danish Communist Party
Union of the Revolutionary Communists of France